SAM Algeciras, the Alonso Group’s multimodal platform located in Algeciras, has renewed its International Featured Standards (IFS) Logistic certification for the storage of temperature-controlled agri-food products. This guarantees the safe treatment of the goods in its facilities at a legislative and quality level. This certification allows to improve efficiency and reduce costs, which translates into greater competitiveness and access to new markets thanks to compliance with the requirements of many distributors.
The IFS Logistic label is divided into six sections, covering the following aspects of the supply chain:
- Responsabilidad de la dirección.
- Food safety and quality management system.
- Resource management.
- Planning and implementation of logistics activities.
- Measurement, analysis and improvement.
- Supplier management.
This certification is recognised worldwide and is considered a very useful tool for logistics service providers and manufacturers seeking to demonstrate their commitment to food safety and improve their market position.
A company that guarantees the safety and traceability of its services.
With the aim of offering the best service to customers and perfecting all activities, SAM Algeciras has developed an exhaustive Quality, Food Safety and Environmental Policy that has made it one of the most advanced platforms specialising in cold logistics on the Iberian Peninsula. The multimodal logistics platform has the most important quality certifications currently in force:
- AEO: Certification that accredits SAM Algeciras as a reliable and secure economic operator established in the customs territory of the European Union. Guaranteeing greater security to the supply chain.
- Ecological: Products produced or elaborated according to ecological certification standards, and which have been controlled throughout their production process, preparation, packaging and marketing.
- SAE: Export Self-Control System, certified by Bureau Veritas, within the scope of Royal Decree 993/2014, which guarantees compliance with the requirements demanded by the third countries for which it is authorised.
- PIF: Concession from the Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food that allows the company to carry out cold treatments and phytosanitary inspections for the export of plants and plant products to third countries in its facilities.
- RGSEAA: Sanitary Registration Authorisation, allowing the storage and import of products of animal and vegetable origin, both frozen and refrigerated.
Quality management is a crucial aspect in the planning of all processes and departments at SAM Algeciras. Processes that, in their entirety, aim to provide an effective and lasting service for all customers.
State of the art facilities in a privileged location
With more than 120,000 square metres, 6,300 metres of refrigerated warehouses and 24,000 metres of dry cargo storage, the SAM Algeciras facilities offer total flexibility and adaptability, differentiating elements that make global solutions to the requirements of any client possible.
In addition, the platform is strategically located just over a kilometre from the port of Algeciras, which offers the possibility of distributing goods throughout the Iberian Peninsula, Europe and any international destination. Thanks to its location, all the goods that pass through the SAM Algeciras facilities have a higher priority in the processing and procedures with the customs administration, a benefit especially valued by the large importers of the fruit and vegetable sector.
State of the art logistics, with total efficiency and the best location to offer a high quality service.